Elise and I read a lot of tech blogs. Usually, we tweet about what we're reading, but 140 characters doesn't leave much room for nuance. In each episode of Truth in Tech, we'll cover the week's most interesting stories, along with one new app, should it catch our fancies.
On the slate for this week:
- Doc Watson, I prezizzle: IBM computer scientists have had enough of the supercomputer's smack talk.
- Beauty and the Geeks: Hearst and AngelHack join forces for a New York Fashion Week hackathon. Among the winning prizes: VIP tix to the shows and parties. Git on it!
- Shop til you drop: the Capri 3D sensor captures shoppers' motions in a heat map, the better to devine the eye-catching from the underwhelming.
- Get me to the Greek: Athenaheath acquires mobile medical app company Epocrates. Nice to see MA making moves on SV, instead of the other way around.
- Plus: what did Microsoft spend $9.6 billion on in 2011?
- Plus Plus: North Korea's favorite American and an app that tells you, once and for all, that he's just not that into you.